The Salon International de la Lingerie gathers close to 300 exhibitors from all over the world, here to present the latest lingerie, swimwear, loungewear and homewear innovations to more than 13000 visitors.
As intimate apparel is getting ever bigger in our every-day and evening wardrobes, this last edition was a must-attend for those who wished to take the pulse of this key segment. Under the same roof, Interfilière Paris’ exhibitors presented the latest fabrics and supplies to watch for the upcoming seasons. A transversal event that started on January 21, for a 360° perspective.
THE FALL-WINTER 2023-2024 TOP TRENDS
The day kicks off with a visit to the Forum, at the heart of the exhibition space. There, Interfilière Paris reveals the major raw material trends for Summer 2024, alongside the Salon International de la Lingerie’s curated selection of finished products for the next Fall-Winter. Timeless fabrics are updated with a Gen Z twist, knitwear is technical and explosive, colors are vibrant.
Here’s what to expect:
- Timeless pieces elevated by tactical fabrics and delicate finishes, as seen at Fishbelly.
- Organic and minimalist designs in contrasting materials (silk, mesh, organza…) and soft colors, shown at Puntoe or Baserange.
- Sexy, creative pieces in bright and vivid colors – at Flash You And Me or Moons and Junes, lingerie stands as a must-have accessory.
- Second-skin underwear in deep, earthy colors, as seen at Zodiac Studio and Sheidish.
A VERY FRENCH LUNCH
No need to be at the center of Paris to enjoy a touch of French gastronomy. At the heart of the Salon International de la Lingerie, the at-home gourmet service MPépite offers an outstanding menu worthy of the city’s finest addresses: roasted beef cheek, a la plancha hake or orange-glazed carrots are served in a cool and refined space, offering a break from the buzzing atmosphere of the tradeshow.
For the busiest guests, a take-out version of the menu is also available, to be enjoyed on the go or in the comfort of a casual couch. At the head of this gastronomic experience is the French chef Rémy Berard, who was awarded two Michelin Guide forks and a Gault & Millau guide toque.
INNOVATION AT ITS PEAK
Lunch is followed by the Interfilière Paris conference, for an update on the latest lingerie innovations. Here were presented the most daring projects of the moment, taking underwear and swimwear to a whole new future where sustainability meets technology.
- Feinjersey brings hemp back to the forefront in a combination of Lycra, supima cotton or ROICA ™ cotton, for a result that is as soft as elastane. Combined with wool, lyocell or a microplastif-free polyamid, hemp proves to be shaping the future of responsible textile, as seen on products 100% Made in Austria.
- Swimwear printing company Estilmar presents a 100% waterless printing technology, the most sustainable solution on the market so far.
- Hand in hand with Lycra, Rocle by Isabella offers its sunny textiles in a recycled lycra-polyamide yarn – the first of its kind, with a soft and comfortable finish.
- Elastic lace pioneer Chanty introduces e-lace, a digital lace whose development does not require any water or transport. Acclaimed by the public, this innovation will also allow brands to develop their own designs and finished products with the help of a dedicated software.
THE SELECTION LINGERIE SHOW
At 4pm the crowd gathers at the entrance of The Selection fashion show, where the most stunning lingerie brands offer a sneak peak of their latest collections. As the lights go down, festive and dynamic silhouettes stroll down the catwalk in a mix of athletic cuts, delicate lace, deep blue hues and Vichy patterns, nude bodysuits and golden basques.
From the delicate sets of Chantelle to the velvet bras of Superbe and the creations of Undress Code, Studio Pia and Aubade, the silhouettes are magnified by energetic models who proudly wear tomorrow’s bold and powerful lingerie.
CHAMPAGNE AND DJ SET
7pm: the halls are closed and make way for the tradeshows’ iconic opening night, Full Moon Party style. In a muffled space decorated with fluorescent patterns, buyers and exhibitors meet, celebrate and dance to the sounds of a hip-hop DJ set that keeps the crowd going late in the night. The party mixes all the different sectors gathered this season under the WSN banner : Interfilière Paris and Salon International de la Lingerie exhibitor meet Who’s Next buyers, designers and suppliers exchange their impressions, profession meets friendship and testifies, once again, to the federating power of an event that brings together thousands of professionals. A true community spirit that gives life to the fashion of tomorrow.